About Me

Hi! I'm Maddie Hanson. I am a student studying Elementary Education at Brigham Young University

I am from a city called Morgan Hill in the Bay Area in California. Ever since I was little, I have loved drama and theatre! Along with my family, I've grown up participating in plays and musicals at school and in the community. One of my earliest memories is singing and dancing onstage as Lucy alongside my dad playing Aslan (wearing a lion costume) in our community's production of Narnia the musical. Drama brought me joy, helped me develop confidence, and find friendships.

As I've learned more about teaching in the elementary classroom and specifically about how invaluable drama can be to students of all ages, I've developed a great passion and excitement for incorporating drama into my future classroom.

Throughout these upcoming 3 months, I'll be visiting a small classroom of first graders in Cedar Fort Utah about 10 times to teach drama lessons and integrate theatre into the learning they are already doing. I will be posting here about the exciting lessons I'll be trying with the students and recording what was successful. I'm excited to get started!

Comments

  1. That is such a cute story about being in the Narnia production! I am looking forward to seeing your love for drama emerge in the lessons you give to your students.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tacky the Penguin - Movement

We're Going on a Bear Hunt